During a routine Priceline shop, I came across the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation for $24.95. The sleek yet simple packaging was intriguing enough for me to pop it straight in my basket.
I’ll be honest I’m not a huge foundation girl, I would much rather pop on some concealer and head out the door but there was something about the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation that caught my eye.
It claims that you can “fine-tune this velvety, matte foundation with the included dropper. Simply adjust the number of drops until you create the look you’re feelin’ today. Want more coverage? Add more drops! Buff expertly using the Total Control Drop Foundation Brush for a seriously smooth finish.”
THE NYX TOTAL CONTROL DROP FOUNDATION BRUSH
The NYX foundation comes with a makeup brush with an indentation to drop the foundation into. The hole in the brush is designed to hold the foundation while you buff it into the skin. However, after watching review I decided not to spend my dollars on the brush because people have said it seems to eat the product.
I decided to test the foundation to see what makeup tool applies it best, the real techniques expert face brush vs a damp beauty blender.
THE NYX TOTAL CONTROL DROP FOUNDATION PACKAGING
I am all about simplicity – so the sleek and simple design was definitely a packaging tick from me. I like the glass bottle and the sleek black writing and dropper. However, the bottle is quite small and because the product is watery, it is quite messy.
PROS OF THE NYX TOTAL CONTROL DROP FOUNDATION
- Extended shade range for every undertone and complexion.
- Easily blendable and easy application.
- Love the texture and semi-matte finish.
- Doesn’t accentuate pores or cause breakouts.
- Sheer to full coverage, depending on how much product you use.
- Fragrance-free formula!
- Suitable for normal, oily and combination skin types.
- Natural-looking foundation and lightweight on the skin.
CONS OF THE NYX TOTAL CONTROL DROP FOUNDATION
- The bottle gets messy because the product has a watery consistency.
- No SPF included!
- Expensive – you only get 13ml for $24.95 for a drugstore brand.
- Instructions are not accurate – 2+ drops are not enough to cover the entire face (especially with a brush).
WOULD I REPURCHASE THE NYX TOTAL CONTROL DROP FOUNDATION?
Yes, I am loving this foundation for everyday use because it is light yet buildable depending on my coverage needs. It is a versatile product because you can use it as a foundation, I use a few drops as a concealer or as custom drops to make other foundations lighter or darker.
I hope you enjoyed this post – be sure to visit me on YouTube!
Brooke Lindsay x