Fun fact, we all sweat and that’s a good thing! It’s our bodies natural way of cooling itself down from overheating and ridding itself of toxins. Sweating = good, BO (body odour) = not particularly pleasant and for some, the idea of swapping their trusty antiperspirant for a natural deodorant is out of the question.
However, after I point out a few important facts, I think you may change your mind and start reaching for this amazing natural deodorant balm from NJU.
If you know me, you know I like to be as natural as possible to take care of my body as best I can. The fact that I go to the gym a lot means I use a lot of deodorants. I like them to work and smell good, enter NJU Natural Deodorant Balm in Spearmint.
Benefits of Natural/Organic NJU Deodorant
Most antiperspirants on the market block sweat glands to prevent sweating while this natural alternative won’t block your sweat glands. Instead, it contains natural ingredients like bi-carb, activated charcoal and arrowroot powder that absorb wetness and neutralise odour.
It also includes one of my favourite skincare ingredients Shea Butter, an anti-inflammatory moisturiser with healing properties. Read more about the ingredients here: https://www.nju.com.au/pages/ingredients
- NJU sent me their Spearmint Natural Deodorant Balm and it smells fricking amazing!
- Organic, natural and vegan ingredients
Natural deodorant for the kids
- Aluminium free
- Australian made
- No white powdery marks or yellow stains
- It won’t block pores!
- You have to warm the balm up and apply with your fingers – but if you can get over that you’ll love this deodorant.
- More expensive than typical deodorants – Natural deodorant tends to cost more but that said, NJU is in a reasonable range for natural options and therefore makes an easy gateway for anyone interested in transitioning to a natural product.
Does Aluminium Cause Breast Cancer?
NJU is a natural and aluminium free product however, most antiperspirants on the market contain aluminium, parabens and a long list of boring and hard to pronounce ingredients.
There are claims that antiperspirants that contain aluminium prevent toxins from being expelled by the body and the aluminium in deodorants is absorbed by the skin. Claims have been made that this can lead to the onset of Alzheimer’s disease or even breast cancer.
Whilst there is no current evidence that proves this, I personally think it’s better to be safe rather than sorry and to choose more natural and healthy solutions where possible.
I always recommend you do your own research, learn more on the Cancer Council website here: https://www.cancerwa.asn.au/resources/cancermyths/deodorants-breast-myth/
Cheaper Alternatives > Make Your Own Deodorant
If you have the time and are looking for a more affordable option why not make your own deodorant?
I found an easy to make Homemade Deodorant Spray Recipe for you to try, read here: https://www.diynatural.com/natural-homemade-deodorant/
- Purchase a bottle of grain ethyl alcohol, a.k.a. high proof liquor like Everclear, or vodka, gin, etc. (Do not use isopropyl [rubbing] alcohol because it can be toxic when used for long periods of time).
- Try an antibacterial essential oil to combat the odour like peppermint, tea tree, lavender, or lemon.
I hope you enjoyed this review of the NJU Natural Deodorant Balm and learned something new!
For more information, you can visit their website here: www.nju.com.au
If you want more from me be sure to stalk me on Instagram 🙂